[access-uk] Re: .net framework: Do I need it?

  • From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:27:52 -0000

Ray,
Version 1.0 which is part of a normal XP installation is adequate for
most software, but a few applications (Sharp Reader for example) only
work if version 1.1 is installed.
unless you really need such applications I think that it is best to leave
things alone.  I have heard of systems which, like my own, are set to go
straight to the desktop at boot up requiring the log on step after
installing version 1.1.   There may be a way round this, but I have not
taken the risk.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison