[access-uk] Re: navigation guides was TALKING PICTURES (and In Touch 1st August) and everything

  • From: "Barry Hill" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 16:06:48 +0100

There is a way of making it affordable - Allow advertising on the navigation device. Of course, I would like there to be an option to opt out of adverts.

Barry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of
Ian Macrae

Just had a look at the KNFB portable reader and it's very impressive.
However, a sighted colleague has raised an interesting point. If we have
phones which can talk and which have cameras on them, how long will it be
and what would it take before they can do the same thing at a much smaller
cost? Any thoughts?