[access-uk] Re: navagation

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 22:00:35 +0100

Hi David.

There are lots of different options available to you, depending on both the level of detail you require and the modes of transport you are planning to use. Google maps and Apple Maps are favourites as they are fully accessible and offer turn by turn instruction to your destination, however these apps don't give you the level of detail you may require if you are a totally blind or severely sight impaired pedestrian. In these cases, the use of a supplemental app such as Blind Square might be beneficial as this will not only give you the details of the roads you are following but also point out particular landmarks and areas of interest from a predefined list of categories. If you require further support on the available choices you have, you can contact the RNIB Technology for Life team on 03031239999 and they will be happy to help you further.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: David Weston
Sent: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 11:02 AM
To: access uk
Subject: [access-uk] navagation

Hi,
I havde been looking on the apps to see about an app for navigation, but the only one that seems to be there that will work with my iPhone is Four Squear, it this the only one that will work with my iPhone or is there others?
David** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq