[access-uk] Re: napster

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:15:15 -0000

Hi James,

I haven't found a way to do what you want, but I find Napster pretty
accessible.  As for the Total Recorder solution, it basically sucks.  Have
you tried it?  If you convert a WMA to MP3 by recording the output, you lose
the original quality, and because Total Recorder is Analog, it doesn't
record the raw output from the sound card, only what you hear, which
introduces hiss, so I think it is a much overrated product.  It's own sound
driver also sucks.  It is good for recording Net streams, but if you want to
do any quality recordings, forget it.  That's my experience anyway.

All the best
mobile:  +44(0)7956 334938,
Email:  Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site:  http://www.comproom.co.uk