[access-uk] Re: n81 vs n95

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 18:10:34 -0000

Hi Phil,

  Few points from a recent discussion on the UK Talks list, and I hope I
remember correctly:

  - Steve said that the N81 doesn't yet work with Talks. He didn't even
recommend trying it and didn't give any potential dates to when Talks might
function properly on that model.

  - Talks works well on the N95, but some users complained that its battery
only lasts for a day. Most likely because the N95 is an advanced model and has
many features.

  - Steve was concerned that the battery of the N95 8GB edition might be even
poorer than the first edition of the N95 because the 8GB one has a hard drive
and that will consume more power. That sounded to me a reasonable assumption.
He pointed out that the 8GB memory cards will be out soon and it might be a
better idea to get a normal N95 as it were with an 8GB card so not to affect
the battery life.

  I hope that Steve doesn't mind me quoting him!

  These points are from memory so double check their accuracy - I just thought
I'd bring them to your attention.

  I'm thinking of getting myself an N95 with my next upgrade as it sounds a
nice phone.

  Cheers,
  Amro