[access-uk] Re: myspace

  • From: "Vanja Sudar" <vanja@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:56:47 +0100

Hi,

I do have myspace account. Although I it's not the easiest website to use, if you have a good knowledge of how to navigate the web with your screenreader of choice you should do fine. The most difficult aspect of the websites are 2 things. 1. Creating account. Because they don't have alternative option to their image verification you simply have to rely on sighted person. 2. Music on profiles: many bands and even individuals have music on their profiles. Once you enter someone profile, if they have music on it, it starts playing automatically therefore if it's loud, which most of the time it is, you're unable to hear your screenreader. One solution to this is to disable music when on the site, this can be done in your myspace account settings. Of course this means that when you are on a webpage for a band you can't hear music, if that's what you want. Of course you can always temporarily enable music.

As I said, apart from this it is not too difficult if you are reasonably good with using your screenreader and it's navigational features. If you have any specific problems or issues feel free to let me know and I will try and help.
Vanja
http://www.sudar.co.uk
http://mashupradio.net
MSN/windows live messenger: sudar23@xxxxxxxxxxx