[access-uk] my new discovery made on windows8 with jaws ocr

  • From: austin pinto <austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access uk <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, accessindia <accessindia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindwindows8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bsftb <bsftb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Voice Vision." <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:32:19 +0530

hi all!
i have just broght in some new things which i have discovered with
jaws 13 latest dec update and windows 8
jaws doesnt work all that ok with windows 8 as you all must be knowing
as microsoft has scrapt the mearor driver which jaws uses to gain
access to graphic card in windows 8.
but i have just kept jaws for its fs reader and ocr
and so i activated jaws and navigated the windows update screen
and fantastic! when i used to open list of available updates with nvda
it used to not read anything but with jaws its totaly accessable then
next complaints i got from vi friends is that jaws curser doesnt work
on any app cause there is no mearor driver but ok!
just open any app windo which u need jaws curser to read and just ocr it!
how is the tip?

--
austin pinto
email austinpinto.xaviers@xxxxxxxxx