[access-uk] Re: my first apple device

  • From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 16:53:46 +0200

Hi

No as the subject says, this is my first I device so I have
a lot to learn, I thought that wasthe case, I am picking up
several wifi connections on my pc so hopefully I can get
them on my ipad too, I would imagine some of them would be
closed to the ipad as they are my 3g access points, will see
how it goes, when I was in the uk recently, I picked up wifi
quite frequently when I was out and about, it isn't quite
the same here, parts of the area are too rural for that kind
of thing unfortunately. Thanks.

Regards

Adrien

From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahimGucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 25 July 2014 7.32 am

> Hi.
>
> Siri wont be available until you complete the setup
process of your
> device,
> so using it is not an option I'm afraid, even for turning
on voice over.
> You must either use the triple click home method or
connect your device to
> computer.
>
> All the best, Ibrahim.

wilsher
> Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 12.05 PM
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: my first apple device
>
> If you have good mobile signal, you could, at a pinch, use
> siri to turn on
> vo,

have
> no sight you
> will require the assistance of someone who can see to turn
> VO on.  It's a
> very easy thing for them to do and is done through
> settings/accessibility.
> Voiceover is the first toggle in that list.  Once it's
done
> you should be
> off and running.  As for the apps you'll need, that really
> depends on what
> sort of information you're after and what you want to use
> the device to do.
>
> On 24 Jul 2014, at 10.52, Eleanor Martha Burke wrote:
>
> > Yes I had to do that too.

by
> the triple
> 0was tap?  I had to.
> 0was
> 0was -----Original Message-----
> 0was From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
> 0was Behalf Of Ibrahim Gucukoglu
> 0was Sent: 24 July 2014 10.24
> 0was To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 0was Subject: [access-uk] Re: my first apple device
> 0was
> 0was Hi Adrian.
> 0was
> 0was When you get your device, turn it on by pressing the
> power button for
> 0was about two seconds, give it 30 seconds or so and then
> press the home
> 0was button rapidly three times to turn on voice over.
That's
> all there
> 0was is to it.  As for Skype, Drop box and the rest, you
can
> download all
> 0was those apps from the app store when you've set up your
> Apple ID.
> 0was
> 0was All the best and good luck, let us know if you have
> specific
> 0was questions you want answering, also www.applevis.com
is
> probably one
> 0was of the best websites for you now and in to the future
as
> it contains
> 0was a wealth of material including an app directory,
podcast
> library,
> 0was tutorials, reviews and a user forum.
> 0was
> 0was All the best, Ibrahim.
> 0was
> 0was -----Original Message-----
> 0was From: Adrien Collins
> 0was Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2014 8.34 AM
> 0was To: 'access uk'
> 0was Subject: [access-uk] my first apple device
> 0was
> 0was Hi
> 0was
> 0was Ok I have put the order in for my first I device, I
will
> need some
> 0was help with it, It is coming from amazon and they are
not
> allowed to
> 0was open it to activate voice over for me but I am sure I
can
> get that
> 0was sorted out quite easily.
> 0was
> 0was Now, I have a few questions, I have been assured by
> amazon it is new,
> 0was therefore should be a 5th generation device. I use
skype
> as my phone
> 0was plus a means to contact people so I am sure there
will be
> ways for me
> 0was to use skype, also facebook and I use dropbox to
share
> files between
> 0was devices. What other useful apps would I need once I
get
> going? I have
> 0was seen several people using I devices and some have
even
> let me try it
> 0was for myself and I think it'll be much easier for me
than
> an android
> 0was device, I have tried the hudl from tesco but couldn't
get
> the hang of
> 0was that. I have also ordered a keyboard and case, they
are
> all coming in
> 0was the same delivery.
> 0was
> 0was
> 0was I know there are several groups for I devices, what
is
> the best one
> 0was for me to get help if I need it? It will take me a
while
> to learn but
> 0was I feel I need to do it now, otherwise I will struggle
> later on. Watch
> 0was this space.
> 0was Lastly,
> 0was are there any useful tutorials? I know there is a
guide
> system on the
> 0was ipad so that is one of the main reasons I went for
it.
> 0was
> 0was Regards
> 0was
> 0was Adrien
> 0was
> 0was
> 0was I use BullGuard to keep my computer clean.
> 0was Try BullGuard for free: www.bullguard.com
> 0was
> 0was
> 0was
> 0was ** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following
> link:-
> 0was **

> 0was ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> 0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 0was ** and in the Subject line type
> 0was ** unsubscribe
> 0was ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
click
[mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> 0was ** or send a message, to
> 0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq
> 0was
> 0was ** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following
> link:-
> 0was **

> 0was ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> 0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 0was ** and in the Subject line type
> 0was ** unsubscribe
> 0was ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
click
> on the
> 0was ** immediately-following link:-
> 0was **
[mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> 0was ** or send a message, to
> 0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq
> 0was
> 0was ** To leave the list, click on the
immediately-following
> link:-
> 0was **

> 0was ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> 0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 0was ** and in the Subject line type
> 0was ** unsubscribe
> 0was ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
click
> on the
> 0was ** immediately-following link:-
> 0was **
[mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> 0was ** or send a message, to
> 0was ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq
> 0was
> 0was
> >
> > ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
> link:-
> > **

> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click
on
> the
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** or send a message, to
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq

> link:-
> **

> the

> link:-
> **

> the
> I use BullGuard to keep my computer clean.
> Try BullGuard for free: www.bullguard.com

link:-
> **
the