[access-uk] Re: my desktop

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 18:48:19 +0000

hi adrien.

what's the current temperature? ideally it should be between 30 degrees C and 50 degrees C. i've always disliked norton utilities, so they're probably sucking up resources and making your PC run hotter. finally, is it an AMD by any chance?

cheers,

Mo.

On 25/01/2015 17:35, Adrien Collins wrote:
Hi

I have a few questions regarding my desktop. I had a new
power supply fitted to my desktop last year, I have just
noticed this morning, after running the desktop for a period
of time, perhaps a few hours, my desktop gets quite warm on
top, the power supply was replaced last year because the fan
in the old one seized up. I have checked the fans below the
power supply, I think there are two fans below, they seem to
be putting out cold air although this morning they were
putting out a lot of warm air, I have just checked the side,
there is air coming out of the side vent too. At first I
thought my cpu fan may be playing up but I am not quite sure
how I would know this. I had a few problems with my pc on
Thursday, it wouldn't shut off or shut down, I rolled it
back and this morning I installed norton utilities and found
several errors, in fact several hundred and fixed them. I
installed speed fan, the temperature of the cpu seems to be
a bit high, again I am not sure what the temperature should
be, I turned the pc off for the afternoon, let it cool right
down but I put it back on at 4 pm, after 2 hours it is
getting warm again. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?
There is some air coming out of the power supply itself but
not a lot. What should my cpu temperature be? I assume that
if anything serious went wrong my pc would shut off to
protect itself? Also listening to it it sounds a bit noisy
but it could be vibration on my desk. I have it sitting on a
carpet tile. The desktop is one I had built a few years ago
in 2012, I use windows 7 pro on it. I may be worrying for
nothing but I pick up on noises and this doesn't quite sound
right to me.

Regards

Adrien