[access-uk] Re: most accessible radio sites

  • From: Richard King <rking689@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:49:03 +0100

A little diferent, maybe a bit too low tech for this list but I have a
Sonata internet radio from British wireless for the Blind. I have an
iPad in my lounge, an iPhone in my pocket when on the move, and am
very happy with these, and certain apps such as tune in radio for
example. I have a PC with JAWS and scanner in my study also, accessing
the web when attending to issues up there. The Sonata is in the
bedroom and not only picks up any radio station on the internet out
there but I have access to National Talking Newspapers and Magazines
full library for £14.95 per quarter. I find that using a combination
of all devices suits me and the Sonata is just so so simple to access
and navigate, well worth considering? Especially if you've not had
anything on free loan before, on certain benefit, it's available on
free permanent loan!

However, I have heard a whisper that National Talking News, now having
joined forces with RNIB, are developing an app to allow access to
magazines and periodicals from an I O S device? If correct, this will
be fabulous!

Rich