[access-uk] Re: more on packaging

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 14:33:03 +0200 (CEST)

Hazel,

They couldn't have picked a worse colour for me, either. I am red-green
deficient, and the red is the worst bit of it for me.

Still, look at all that machinery that has only red and green lights on it.
There's no excuse now that LEDs can produce any colour under the sun.

On the Braille mis-labelling, I'm sure there'd be a furore if packaging was
misprinted, and it could be that mis-Brailling is some sort of trade
description breach, whether deliberate or not. Interesting one for your local
Trading Standards Department.

Vince.

Message Received: Jun 08 2014, 01:20 PM
From: "Hazel Darvell"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] more on packaging

How about this to add to the braille on packaging.
I heard some time ago on a radio programme that food companies were
going to put on their package a label that gradually changes colour over
time.
When it hits the red it's time to throw it away.
All very well for those who can see this.
Even colour blind folks as well as us will be left in the dark, no pun
there.
So all in all we are getting further and further behind in information
on food packaging.
Think I will stick to my tried and trusted nose.
Hazel