[access-uk] more immage for linux

  • From: Keith Barrett <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 21:07:59 +0100

Hi John,

I am sending this to the list as I have had offlist interest as well.

I downloaded a demo of immage for linux and have it working.

The instructions are useless so this is what to do.

Boot the cd and wait for the cd to spin up.

Keep tapping the escape key until you notice the cd spinning down.

Then type:

2 speakup.synth=apollo
press enter.

Wait for speech to start.

Once it starts talking, you need to turn cursoring off in speakup.

This is the second from the right key on right hand side row below function
keys.

It is a toggle so press until it says cursoring off then you can use the arrow
keys to select the options.

Note the 2 at the beginning of the line is to do with the video mode so 1 or 3
should work as well.

I booted several times and it works reliably.

Hope the rest of the manual is better written.

hth.

--
Regards Keith Barrett

--