[access-uk] Re: more broadband servers?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 14:40:21 -0000

I think maybe Billy you might have as much as you can handle regarding
recommendations for ISPs.  I would certainly echo Steve Nutt's contribution re.
Plus Net and Pipex as good value for money providers with good customer
support, and I don't think you could be asking for more than that.

There is something more you might just take on board though.  Both Plus Net and
Pipex are now offering cheap phone call services via VOIP using your PC or
external hardware, but both reliant on the broadband connection with them.  It
could be a benefit worth considering if you are looking to save on phone calls.
 Just remember though that you will most likely want to opt for an uncapped
service, no download or usage limits.  I think in any case this is especially
wise for blind users as we are perhaps more likely to use listen again services
which soak up these allowances.  So do phone calls if you make a lot of them.

So, don't go sticking a pin in or tossing a coin to decide just yet.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx