[access-uk] monitor or printer port

  • From: "Mark Threadgold" <m.j.threadgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "accessuk list" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 14:25:15 -0000

Hi all.

I have just ordered a new Toshiba A100 laptop.  The lady who talked me
through it showed me a D connector on the top which she said was the
external monitor socket.

She then said that some people connect their printer to this port.

Is this possible?  I have a monitor with a usb socket that seems to be used
through the vga cable, but I have never tried it.  Is this similar to what
she suggests?

Or, can the port have its output selected by software in some way.

Either way, the serial port and monitor port have a different number of
pins, so I am sceptical eanyway.

Cheers,

Mark Threadgold

Of all the things I have ever lost, the thing I miss most is my mind....