[access-uk] Re: mobility related question

  • From: "erica" <erica.grimsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 17:00:09 +0100

Hi barry - interesting that the company went bust - at 4/500 quid a throw for one cane, I can't imagine the thing having a huge client take-up - you'd hardly be able to afford a couple of spares sitting in the cupboard would you LOL!I actually got the chance to have a go with the ultra cane about 5 years ago now; and whilst in a way the idea may have been good, in practical terms, the handle was large and chunky, the cane extremely heavy for what it was, and interpreting what the vibrations meant, i.e., obstacle to left, right, in front or overhead, ttook a vast amount of concentration.

Erica
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Hill" <barry.hill3@xxxxxxx>