[access-uk] mobility for the blind

  • From: john gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:19:34 +0100

hi james and list yes this astonished me as well. hear in leeds i asked about
doing a route to my new chess club in the end i did it with my satnav. all the
powers that be just could not deliver at all. trouble is around wellington
street there it's so really so busy. right near the rail way station. years
back in sheffield we had a chap called bert lowe who was brilliant and before
that mrs. tooze at sheffield school. i think the number of totally blind people
is very very lowe now though so may be it's all to do with numbers.

From: Janet Bell <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 9 October 2015 2:22 pm

Hi John

I just despair of these people and you are right you tell guide dogs
things and no notice is taken whatsoever because totally blind people
are in a minority they are just left on the shelf to disappear.

From: Janet Bell <janet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 9 October 2015 1:59 pm

Hi Ian

I don't know if you read this newspaper but last week in the daily
mirror there was an article about an American woman who wanted to go
blind which infuriated me about as much as what you have written
has. There was also an advert about fifteen years ago done by
action for blind people that made us look totally helpless which
annoyed me as well. I don't buy the rnib's products as I think they
are poor quality most of the time. and when my year's subscription
is up I don't think I will renew it either.

Janet ps there are still letters at the bottom of your messages.