[access-uk] mobile speak

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:08:16 +0100

Hi all.

I have a windows smart phone and wanted to give mobile Speak a try.

I know or at least thought there was a trial version so you could try it for a
month, but the site does not make it clear whether or not the download you get
from the site acts as a trial.  How does trying Mobile Speak for smart work? is
the download a trial that works for 10 minutes like TALKS?   can this be
extended to a 30 day trial?

Also, the speech synthesisers are unknown to me.  there seem to be Acapela
synthesisers which I have used but found relatively unresponsive and slow.
from listening to the sample available for Fonix, it seems a bit like eloquence
but robotic.  Not sure about Loquendo either, not heard of this speech synth.

Regards

Graham
Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493