[access-uk] Re: mobile phhone fraud

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:28:16 +0100

I emailed Lancashire police to check the original  email.
See below what they said.

From Lancashire Police
LancashirePolice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 1:56 PM
 To: Derek Hornby
 Subject: RE: Is this warning genuine?

Dear Mr Hornby

 Thank you for your enquiry.  This email was indeed forwarded by one of
our officers some time ago (approx two years) and it was done so with
the best of intentions and in good faith at the time; it has since
transpired to be a hoax and was withdrawn.  Unfortunately we have not
been able to prevent the promulgation of the original message.  For a
time we did have a message regarding this on our website but that was
removed when correspondence relating to it seemed to have ceased.

 Thank you once again for taking the time to email us.

 Corporate Development Directorate
 Lancashire Constabulary