[access-uk] Re: minidisk versus cassette

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:29:43 -0000

Hi Ray.

Thank you for the advice on suitable mp3 player/recorder. The large buttons and in particular, the on-board speaker would be very helpful. Your point about copying the audio file at fast speed is something that I had not considered. Perhaps by using Goldwave, I can slow the recording down again afterwards. Still time consuming though eh? The option of using an mp3 device with usb connection would be much quicker but I'd need more advice regarding accessibility for these two devices. Michael Lang or Rob Powel would be good sources of information regarding these. Of course, it would also be possible to record directly onto a lap-top using a microphone and Goldwave . I've even tried typing data directly into a lap-top during an interview. This does however interfere with the flow of conversation. wouldn't mind hearing from other visually impaired people and how they undertake this task.

Best wishes.
Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>