[access-uk] Re: milestone M311 recording question

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:27:01 +0100

While undoubtedly the PTR2 does do a lot more than is perhaps initially required, there is no doubt that it gives one a tremendous level of flexibility when recording and managing lectures. For example,
Marking specific passages to refer to later; this can be done during or after the event.
Variable bit rate recording.
Monitoring of the recording.
External microphone can be used without pre-amp.
Indication if the battery is low.
Lectures can easily be kept on a high capacity storage card without any inconvenience.
Variable speed playback of the lecture.
Easy navigation through the lecture even if it is not marked up.
Easy export to data or audio CD.
Automatic gain control which can be used as opposed to manual recording level. This is ideal if you are sitting in the back of the lecture room.

This is just naming a few things the PTR2 can be expected to do from a lecture recording perspective, and you certainly won't get all of that out of something like the Milestone.

Brian Hartgen

MSN: brian@xxxxxxxxxxx
SKYPE: brianhartgen
SKYPE IN UK: 0208-133-7186