[access-uk] lookout screenreader and magnifier

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:40:13 +0100

Hi all.

I know that the Lookout screenreader was created as a cheap product for home
users that would allow you to do the essentials i.e. using the web, using email
and basic wordprocessing.

I generally work in the Access to Work field where one of Hal, Window-eyes or
JAWS is much more likely.

For the screen magnification software I would say that Lunar/Supernova or
Zoomtext are generally used.

Is the Lookout product still being developed?  I think that it has changed it's
name but not sure.  Also, will it work on an XP machine running JAWS?  I would
quite like to test the program but not if I have to remove other screenreaders
in order to do so.

Any comments much appreciated.

Cheers

Graham