[access-uk] Re: looking for advice on answering machines

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 23:05:33 +0100

hi simon.

many thanks for that! i have heard of retell, but had forgotten about them. i'll take a look at their range!

Mo.

On 07/09/2013 23:01, goshawk on horseback wrote:
I have also done some research in to this, and 9 seems to be about the max
number of rings offered by most of the generally available machines on the
market. I have also found this very annoying, as could sometimes do with a
few more myself. there is a company called Retell however, who make answer
machines for business, which seem to have a lot of customizable options, and
are generally very helpful. they are not cheap, and I don't know how VI user
friendly the machines are, as they are not generally available in shops for
one to test out before purchasing, but here are a few links.
http://www.best4systems.co.uk/retell-332-answering-machine.html
http://www.best4systems.co.uk/retell-540-digital-answering-machine.html
http://www.best4systems.co.uk/retell-570-message-centre.html
http://www.best4systems.co.uk/retell-953-ip-professional-answering-system.html
if you have cordless phones, one other option could be a repeater or 2, so
that your handset will work in more places in the building, when you have it
with you, so that it isn't a mad scramble to get to it in time.
I hope some of this helps.

Simon