[access-uk] Re: looking for advice on answering machines

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 16:42:01 +0100

Hi Mo

No problem, I take your point entirely if that was your experience.  We like
it simply to cut out all these nuisance people who ring up telling you that
your PC is faulty, and need you to log on in the hope that these creeps can
hack into your system.  And then there are all the other cold callers.  I
just love that zap key! I also find it useful if we have been out, and come
home to hear it pinging periodically to let us know someone has rung.  Yes
the 1471 service is there, but Truecall definitely doesn't let you forget to
check your phone that's for sure! (smile).

Not sure about the subscription, we haven't opted to do this as the machine
as it stands is enough for our needs.  I hope you find something suitable
though Mo.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace