[access-uk] Re: looking for advice on answering machines

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 16:10:04 +0100

hi Jackie,

Yes, i've already given the truecall machines a try. i found that for the price they were charging, it just wasn't worth it. their system for updating the software needs updating, it would've been nice if it just had a port on the back to connect to your local network so you could control it via the web. also, the last straw came when my memory card got corrupted erasing all recordings and i had to send it back to them for repair. this seemed to happen for no reason at all, so i gave up and soled the unit on. In my humble opinion, when you're spending £125 on a unit of this kind, you should be able at least to restore the card to factory defaults without sending it back to them like its something exclusive. Many thanks for the suggestion all the same, its much appreciated.

Mo.

On 06/09/2013 16:01, Jackie Brown wrote:
Hi Mo

Have you tried Truecall?  I know this is designed to block those pesty
calls, but it is a stand-alone machine that you plug into your line, and you
can adjust the ringing time, though by how much I am not sure.  Maybe you
have tried this already, but worth a thought perhaps?

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace