[access-uk] looking for a talking watch!

  • From: dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: c <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 17:02:05 +0100

Hi folks

My current watch is in a terrible state and I'm looking for something similar. So if you can help this is what I'm looking for:-

1. a slim watch. (I don't want a brick on my wrist) One that is about 8mm like my current one would be just fine.
2. My current watch has calendar, timer, and alarm, which I would still like to have.
3. My current watch is about 15 years old, bought from the RNIB but is no longer available. It is easy to use, simple output (press the time button and it just says "It's 11.30) so I don't want-
I don't want one that gives a loud beep to let me know I've pressed the time button (seems like the sighted community think we require this!)
I don't want one that says "the time is" when I press the time button (again the sighted community think we need prompting over this)
My watch is digital but a clock face watch would be just fine as long as it
meets the above.

Any suggestions or web sites I can visit would be much appreciated.

Martin