[access-uk] Re: looking for a new device

  • From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 20:51:44 +0200 (CEST)

Did hope to report back on having a play with a Hudl tonight, but sadly the one
and only sample they had at my local Tesco didn't have a member of staff any
where near it, and the poor thing had crashed. Must say I was ogling a Samsung
Note tablet while I was there, but that is about twice the price. Lovely
display, the only point of which is that it suggested the device ran at a very
respectable speed.

 The tech support guy did try to be helpful, but it's hopeless getting an idea
of how accessible or otherwise these devices are likely to be. You have to go
to the Apple Store to get anything like understanding of that issue, I regret
to say.

Vince.

Message Received: Oct 07 2013, 10:20 AM
From: "Vincent Thacker"
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: looking for a new device

Adrian, here's a first look at accessibility on the Tesco Hudl tablet.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1642148-an-accessibility-look-at-the-tesco-hudl-for-wearebcab-for-blind-users?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twittershare

The price is actually £119, though you may get it for less if you have some
kind of credit with Tesco.

Vince.

Message Received: Oct 07 2013, 05:59 AM
From: "Adrien Collins"
To: "'access uk'"
Subject: [access-uk] looking for a new device

Hi

I would like to get some kind of very portable tablet pc, I
have been thinking about an ipad but am not sure what I am
looking for, mum suggested that I can get one from tesco
one of their own brand for £109 but I am being careful as I
don't know if all of the non I devices would be as
accessible as the apple ones. I would like to use the device
for e-mails, stuff like that, any recommendations please? I
don't need it for phone calls.

Regards

Adrien