[access-uk] Re: looking for a list

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 01:41:35 +0100

Hi Adrian.

I doubt many people on the lists you subscribe to use Garmin standalone satnav devices as they probably aren't accessible and thus beyond the knowledge or experience of the respective communities. I suggest you contact Garmin support for your issue, perhaps they'd be in a better position to advise your mum about troubleshooting this issue, I'm sorry we cant help you however I'd be happy to try and dig out a number for Garmin support if you think it could help.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Adrien Collins
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 8:13 PM
To: 'access uk'
Subject: [access-uk] looking for a list

Hi

I am trying to get some help for my mum, the blind tech
lists seem to be ignoring or can't seem to answer her
problems. What is the best list to post non blind issues on
please?

I'll put her problem below, perhaps someone can answer it
off list.
Hi

Mum uses a garmin satnav, when she first got it she
installed it on her hp laptop, it is windows 7 64 bit, it
worked fine but now for some strange reason, the pc isn't
seeing it at all. It connects, instantly disconnects, it is
not showing it in device manager, we have tried everything,
any ideas please? We are thinking along the lines of drive
letter allocation, not sure. The garmin is connected and is
charging but the laptop won't see it. It works ok on my
dad's desktop. This is very strange.

Regards

Adrien