[access-uk] Re: long shot aboout Router

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:31:27 -0000

Hi Andy,

I think I may know what the problem is.  With your system connected to the
router, and the router connected to the telephone line, can you go into
Internet Explorer, then go into tools | options.  On the connections tab, there
is a section at the top called dialup or virtual private networking
connections.  Just bellow that, there are a group of three radio buttons,
ensure the one that says "never dial a connection" is chosen.  Ok on that
window and completely come out of IE and go back in.

When the man did the router job for you, did you have to give him the details
(eg username and password) for the Freeserve account you connect through?

Thanks.
Andrew.

If you want and you are really stuck give me an email and I will pop over my
phone number.