[access-uk] Re: listening to podcasts

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 01:17:34 -0000

Mark,

Tom Lorimer's whitestick.co.uk site has a blind podcasting page.

http://whitestick.co.uk/podcasts.html

My site has a couple of pages detailing podcasts. Get to it quickly though, as it's coming down very soon.

Blind Podcasts
http://vipuc.fortunecity.com/blindpodcasts.html

Included are some podcast directories so that you can search for more podcasts yourself.

There's another page with podcasts that are not about blindness topics.

http://vipuc.fortunecity.com/podcasts.html

Installing a new podcast goes like this:-
1. Find the feed for the podcast, which is a web address.
2. Copy the feed into memory.
3. In the Webbie Podcatcher, go to the podcast menu (Alt + C) and choose Add Podcast. A dialog box appears.
4. Into the dialog box, paste the podcast web address and press enter.
5. Another dialog box appears asking for the name of the podcast. This is likely to be there already, but if you want to edit the name for any reason, now's your chance. 6. Press enter. Job done. You can now press enter on the podcasts's name in the list of podcasts and get a list of episodes in the other window - get there with the tab key.

All being well, all you need to do now is listen.

Hope that's useful.

Vince.

----- Original Message ----- From: "mark bishop" <bishopmark74@xxxxxxxxx>