[access-uk] Re: linux for the blind

  • From: "James & Nash" <james.austin1984@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:03:46 +0000

I'm glad Vinux wokred well for you. I have not eyt tried Vinux, but I've got to
agree with you about Ubuntu 8.10. I think too that the new Ubuntu will be a
Long Term Release too, so the support should be a bit better.

I am not sure that Linux is ready for everyday use by the mases - blind or
otherwise. This is simply because there is so much fiddling needed to make
things work. I do like knowing how something works and I don't mind playing
around and customising to my little heart's content, but sometimes, I do just
like my computer to work.

TC
James, Lyn, Nash & Twinny