[access-uk] Re: library book problem

  • From: "Audrey Tonge" <audrey.tonge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 13:54:30 +0100

HI John,

Yes, I have recently had the same problem. I got a number from the Royal mail website which was
0845 774 0740
I had no problems with this number a few months ago, but when I came to use it a couple of days ago, the options had all changed and I finally chose the option for complaints and told the person who answered that it was not a complaint, I was simply confused. I explained that the number was actually listed on their website as one to contact for Articles for the blind pick ups. The lady i spoke to had a look and confirmed that this was indeed the number to use but that she knew nothing of doing this. I wil say that when we got to the process of actually geting the job done she was very helpful. The one hthing to watch is that they will ask you how heavy the books are, hope you have a set of bathroom scales, as when I attempted to tell her that this was irellivant, she told me it was, as they needed to know what type of van to send out for them. A van for braille books? couldn't be much more simple, grin.

Hope this all gets sorted as it is a strange situation as it stands.

Audrey

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Gallagher" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>