[access-uk] Re: laptop still dead from weeks ago

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 12:44:19 +0100

Hi Terry,

What is the exact make and model of the laptop?

Do you have a "Recovery CD" or CDs for it?

(That said, I've recently had a similar problem with my
Toshiba which it appears is due to failed memory. And like
you, I was able to see the laptop's hard drive perfectly OK
on my desktop system.)

However, you should be able to set the BIOS to boot from the
CD, and then either boot up with the Recovery CD or an
Operating System CD and go from there.  If that fails, it's
a most likely hardware problem of some sort.

George.