[access-uk] labelling spanners

  • From: terry <terrycooper94@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 10:14:23 +0100

Hi all, and those mechanics on the list.

For years now I've left this problem, but now I'd like to do something about
it.

I mainly use imperial spanners, though that isn't important.  I have them
usually just in a tool tray, just all mixed together.

I usually feel the size of the nut on the car, then take a selection of
spanners out of the try that I think are close to the size I want, then try
them one by one.  Quite often, due to the large variations in imperial
sizes, none of the ones I take out of the tray fit, so back to the tool tray
and take out some more.

It's very time consuming, and I'm really quite bored with it now.

I'm looking for some sort of easy to use labeller, but one that uses labels
that will stay attached to tools that get greasy.

Are there any out there that might fit the bill?  If there are any types of
labels I could use that are durable, I could clean off the spanners and glue
the labels to them, but I need the labels to be durable, as well as the
label scanner.
.

Any thoughts and or feedback welcome.

Terry