[access-uk] Re: kurzweil 1000

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:00:08 +0100

Hi Will

To me, personally, they are much of a muchness in terms of features.  Open
Book supports Braille without needing to have JAWS running in the
background, whereas K1000 doesn't.  K1000 isn't copy protected in the way
that Open Book version 9 will be either, but it costs £100 more at the
moment.

I use both of them.  What I can't get out of one, I generally can with the
other.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability