[access-uk] Re: k reader

  • From: "terrcooper" <terry.cooper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 16:00:52 +0100

Hi

If anyone is considering buying the package, you may want to consider the
following.

S and S do the whole package for around £1780, ish, give or take a couple of
quid.  That doesn't include VAT.  The software itself is a tad under £1000,
which is the bit you can't get around.

If you break their components down, i.e. scanning software, talks, n82, then
you can bring the cost down buy shopping around.  e.g. They sell the N82 for
£500, plus VAT, bringing it up to just under £590.  If you do a search on line,
the cheapest I found the phone for was, £280, brand new, and exactly the same
as S and S are selling.  The only difference is, about £300 cheaper.  I was
told that they buy them in at cost, and sell them on at cost.  hmmm, don't
understand that part, but hey.

If you already have talks on a phone, then you can pay the £50, for another
license, saving another £100.

Still very expensive, but £400 off the S and S cost.

That isn't a snipe at S and S, just my observations, and I'm open to be
corrected.

Thanks.

Terry