[access-uk] Re: jellybean at sight village

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 11:47:02 +0100

Hi John.

the first thing i did with my phone was remove the bloteware! would you like your chacha or however you spell it modified so you get more for it when it comes to sell? I made it a priority to get root as we refer to it in the world of Linux on my samsung so i could customise it. startup times are faster and i've been able to install upgrades to the stock versions of android as well. Contact me off list if you want and i'm sure we can work something out. Last weekend, we got android 4.0 icecream sandwitch running on a samsung galaxy S, the phone originally shipped with android 2.2! May even consider buying the phone off you.

all the best,

Mo.

On 15/07/2012 11:37, John Gallagher wrote:
Hi Will hope I can meet you on Tuesday as well we have a braille chess association stand there. I will go and see Steve to look at the android phone. I have of course the iphone 4 s but my cha cha with android is truly dreadfull I am going to sell it even if I get thirty quid for it it will be a god send. the htc sense gets in the way and it is the worse thing I purchased. I will be going to chenai in India in early August to play in the world chess olympiad so I must sort what to do with taking a phone. the hotel is a five star with internet access so I will take the netbook. if anyone on the list has any ideas what to do regarding a phone abroad it will be a great help. very interesting I do not know if I should go for the samsung new phone or the tablet. cheers to all on the list and hope to see some of you at sight village.At 10:53 15/07/2012, you wrote:
        steve

are you did you say demonstrating the new jellybean at sight village on a nexus? i do not think much of ICS but will hold off judgement until i have had a proper look at how to navigate the web etc using jellybean
does your phone have it now?
if so i shall stop by on tuesday and inform the list of how I think jellybean is progressing, android for me in ICS just seems clunky but as you stated here on list jellybean supposedly makes vast improvements but of course for me, i need to see it before i attempt to use it
regards, will