[access-uk] Re: jaws cursor on a laptop?

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 22:47:13 +0100

Damon, first switch your keyboard layout to laptop. This can be done from 
within the basic settings dialogue box, accessed from the options menu of the 
JAWS window. Then use caps lock p to activate the JAWS cursor, and use standard 
arrow keys to navigate. Hope that helps.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Damon 
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 
  Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 10:41 PM
  Subject: [access-uk] jaws cursor on a laptop?

  Hi, any help appreciated.

  I'm using an HP laptop. It doesn't have a num pad like the full size qwerty 
keybord I am used to. 

  How do I activate the jaws cursor so that I can move up and down the page to 
read what's there? 

  I had thought it was insert plus I but it does nothing.

  Any help appreciated. To be clear, I want to be able to go into jaws cursor 
mode then arrow around the screen as per normal.

  Thanks in advance. 


Other related posts: