[access-uk] =?iso-8859-1?Q?£70_off_watch_flyer?Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:34:46 +0100

  • From: "Tyrer, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Tyrer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've now got the text from the Help project leaflet.

[Front]

What you could get from 'here to HELP'

Help for people with sight problems

§       Free RNIB products, such as big button telephone, desk lamp or talking
watch
§       Year's free membership of Talking Books
§       Confidential benefits assessment

[Photographs of big button telephone, desk lamp, talking watch and an older man
using a Talking Books player]

Free home insulation

§       Free loft and cavity wall insulation from British Gas to help make your
home warmer and save you money on your heating bills
§       An annual saving of up to £178 on energy bills could be made when both
cavity wall insulation and full loft insulation is installed, subject to how
much energy you use
§       Successful candidates will only be eligible for measures recommended by
the appointed surveyor

[RNIB logo and British Gas here to HELP logo]

[Back]

Who qualifies for 'here to HELP'?

It is available to homeowners or privately rented households who require
insulation and are receiving one of the following government benefits

§       Attendance Allowance
§       Disability Living Allowance
§       Income Support
§       Pension Credit
§       Housing Benefit
§       Council Tax Benefit
§       Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
§       Child Tax Credit (and with an income of less than £14,600)
§       Working Tax Credit (and with an income of less than £14,600)
§       Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (must also be in receipt of
Constant Attendance Allowance)
§       War Disablement Pension (must also be in receipt of Constant Attendance
Allowance or Mobility Supplement)

Unfortunately, due to the nature of home insulation, we are not able to offer
'here to HELP' to people living in flats.  We are also not able to offer this
scheme to council or housing association tenants.

To find out more, please call RNIB on:
0845 330 4897.  Calls charged at local rate

Hope this is useful.

JT

Jonathan Tyrer
Technology Officer