[access-uk] Re: iphone and other stuff was RE: Re: More Nokia C5 Woes

  • From: "martin wilsher" <martinwilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 13:12:59 +0100

Hmm, will look at those, I have a griffin one at the moment, that's a
plastic shell which clips onto the phone, then a rubber case which slips
over the lot, leaving the screen free, which I promptly covered with a
screen protector.

From: Vincent Thacker <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, 27 June 2014 11.20 am

> Martin,
>
> I agree with most of what you say here, but would be a lot more
> positive
about Android. The fact remains that many blind people are finding phones
like the Moto G usable, and the price is about #150. There are some active
blind Android mailing lists, and other forms of support are growing. OK,
something like the Moto G will feel very different from the C5, but some
people are finding it a practical answer.