[access-uk] Re: intruder alarms

  • From: "kevin and emma" <kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:15:37 +0100

again, the zones thing varies. our alarm system is a simple telephone keypad
type also. each zone has a number assigned to it. so if you want to set the
alarm, but want a certain zone unalarmed as it were, you put in the alarms
normal code, and just add the number of the zone you don't want activated.
we do this with ours as we have a cat who comes and goes through her cat
flap as she pleases. so we turn the infrared movement sensors off which is
done by simply adding one digit to the normal alarm code. i've no idea what
make the alarm is as it was installed when the house was built 5 years ago
and we didn't own it then.
Kevin - co-owner/moderator of the blind gamers discussion list
contact me via email/msn:
kream@xxxxxxxxxxxx