[access-uk] internet explorer 6 and add ons

  • From: "Spring.flower" <spring.flower@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:37:24 -0000

Hi

When I first started using hmv's webiste last year it was fine, around nov I
started having problems, it kept bringing up an error report, the problem
was due to the enabled addons according to the message I got when i reported
the error through the automated system.

Before Christmas it was fine and again earlier this month it was ok, this
afternoon however, the thing's drove me nuts.  It tok me ages to get on, it
kept throwing me off or wanting to send a report, I eventually got on and
put the items in my basket that I wanted, went to check out, no prob, I was
told I could have an item at a cheaper price as I'd spent so much so went to
look at them, picked the one I wanted and it locked up, had to re-boot, I've
been trying ever since to get back on, it will sometimes let me sign in but
as soon as i go to check out I'm told that the page isn't available and no
matter how I try it won't let me past there.  On other occasions the page
won't load.

Tried phoning their customer service but it kept going back to the hello
message, it didn't used to do that so I assume there's a fault there as
well.

Anyone know what these addons are likely to be used for? i think I can
disable them as I've been having a nose round but I'm wary to as it says
that they may be needed for other sites and hmv seems to be the only one I
have trouble with.

Any help much appreciated

Trace