[access-uk] installing vista SP1

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 09:42:46 +0100

Hi all.

I recently bought a Samsung Q45 laptop and I am in the process of updating
Vista and generally getting stuff installed on it.

I have heard that Vista SP1 is generally an improvement but that in early
versions of SP1 at least there were problems with some fairly major
manufacturer drivers so they did not release to general public straight away.

I have checked for updates and installed them all and gone back to the windows
update site again to check.  Vista SP1 is not yet shown as an update so I have
downloaded the stand alone version.  Is it likely to be OK to install this?  I
have temporarily turned off the User Accounts option which pops up whenever a
program wants to run otherwise and will turn this back on once I have a
reasonably settled system.

Regards

Graham
Graham Page