[access-uk] Re: installing talks on a nokia 6630

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:52:35 +0100

Second email reads:

The very first thing you should do is a backup of your phone with PC Sweit. The
next thing is to
write down your IMEI number and your TALKs license number for safe keeping.

Beings you are going to use a new MMC card. You should do a TALKs OFF before
you turn the phone off
and replace the MMC card. This will provent any error message when you put the
new card in and turn
on the phone.

You should install the ScanSoft software first. Version 6.1.45 current beta.
After that is done, you can then install the TALKs software. Current Version
1.40.1 beta.

Yes a blind person can do it. You just need to know how many time to press the
Softkey 1 for each of
the software packages.

No you shouldn't have to retype your license number. However you should write
it down before you
start this process encase the worce happends.

The ScanSoft software need to have the Softkey one pressed 3 times with about a
5 second delay
between presses. Then press the down arrow to install to memory card and then
press softkey one
again.

That should get the ScanSoft software installed.

Now for the TALKs software.

Follow the same steps as above for the key presses. After pressing the softkey
one to tell it the
memory to use, you need to press the Softkey one 2 more times after that.
Follow the same time as
listed above. The key press after the memory is for the license, the next one
is to install other
files. After everything is done, the phone should start talking. will take
about 30 seconds.

So When installing the TALKs software, Press the SoftKey one 3 time followed by
a down arrow,
followed by 3 more presses of the SoftKey one with a 5 second delay between
presses.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
sgiggar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
-----