[access-uk] Re: installing talks on a nokia 6630

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:50:14 +0100

Graham,

I've found two old messages re installing/upgrading Talks without the need of a
sighted help. I'm sending them in two separate posts. (Sorry about not tidying
them up before sending them)

First message reads:

I have installed TALKs without PC sweit many times. As for as that goes, I have
also help people over the phone who did not have PC Sweit installed and
they could not see the phone.

But anyway the way I did it was by just using the Bluetooth adapter software to
send the file to the phone. You will need to send the files one at a time
to in sure that this works.

This will asoom that you have a Bluetooth adapter and already have it paired
and set as authorized on the phone.

This is for series 60 phones only!
1. Make sure that your PC is on.
2. Turn off your phone and then turn it back on. This will make sure that you
have all background applications closed.
3. Using the PC, find the ScanSoft TTS file and send it to the phone with the
send option on your PC. Normally you would do this by highlighting the file
and pressing the Application key and go down to send to menu. Press right
arrow. Scrole to Bluetooth and press right arrow. Now arrow to your phone and
press enter. This will send the file to your phone.
4. The phone will beep to let you know that you have a new message.
5. Press SoftKey 1. This will take you into the new message and automatically
start the install program for you.
6. Now press SoftKey 1 3 times for a new install or 4 times if you are updating
the existing software. Make sure that you have a 5 secont delay between
presses. Then Press down arrow followed by one last press of SoftKey 1.
7. Wait about 20 to 30 seconds. You will hear the phone give a beep. This means
the TTS is installed.
8. Press the Clear key followed by SoftKey 1. This will delete the file that
you initially sent to the phone. This will not remove the installed software.
9. Press Softkey 2 twice to exit and get back to the default screen.
10. Just for Safety, press the EndCall button now. This will make sure that you
are at the default screen.
11. Do steps 3 through 5 for the TALKs file.
12. Press Softkey1 3 times for a new install or 4 times for a upgrade. Make
sure that you have a 5 secont pause between presses to give the phone time to
finish what you last told it what to do. Now press down arrow followed by 3
more presses of Softkey1 with a 5 secont delay between presses.

If you have done everything correctly, your phone should start talking after
about 20 to 30 second after the last key press.

Signed: Stephen Giggar
sgiggar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx