[access-uk] Re: installing talks on a nokia 6630

  • From: "Mark Matthews" <mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:41:02 +0100

Hi Graham.

First off, you are correct about the latest version being 2.1.11.

Now as for your problem installing, are you executing a "talksoff" before
installation? This is still necessary, even though the prompts are no longer
echoed back to PC Suite.

I've heard of people installing with speech by using a little converter to
temporarily change their 6630 MMC in to a normal sized one, then inserting
it into an earlier phone such as the 6600. You could then install in the
traditional fashion using PC Suite, then simply return it to the 6630 (minus
the adapter).

The only other way to install without sited help that I'm aware of is to
memorize the various sequence of key presses. Someone did post instructions
on the Talks list once, but I'm afraid i no longer have them.

Sorry if I've missed something here.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews