[access-uk] Re: installing other nokia phones firmware in nokia n79 question

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 14:54:20 +0100

Hi Austin,

Can I ask, is the reason you want to flash your N79 to get features of the
OS which it does not currently have?

As I said, you're looking at a big jump from N79 to N8 with many hardware
changes.  I don't have an opportunity to look at the hardware specifics, but
if you were really set on this I'd go with a firmware for a phone that as
closely matches the N79's hardware as possible.  I say again that going for
the N8 firmware carries a huge risk of bricking your phone permanently.

HTH.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Twitter: www.twitter.com/hussein_patwa
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to
calling.  Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do
this if required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.
Thank you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.