[access-uk] Re: installing a new hard drive

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 11:21:17 +0100

Hi Anthony,

This first depends on whether or not you are confident in
taking the cover off your PC and working inside.

Second, is whether there is enough room physically for it.
Your case may appear large enough, but there may not be a
spare drive bay to fit it in.  You also need to make sure
you have a spare lead coming off your power supply.

Generally speaking, it's not a difficult exercise.  It's
vital to ensure the new drive is set to be a "Slave" drive,
as opposed to a "Master".

If you are buying locally, the shop may be prepared to fit
it - usually for a fee.

George.

campbell

blindgardeners@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> to joined the group please send a blank message to:
>
> blind-gardening-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> scanned by norton anti virus

link:-