[access-uk] initial comments on tvonics

  • From: william lomas <will.d.lomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 11:21:46 +0100

        hi all, i took the plunge and got my tvonics today. overall it is i
agree leaps and bounds over goodmans or even portsets offering.
couple of queries please.
what cable can i connect to the optical out? is this for say a phono to
headphone jack to record to say a dvd or a computer if we want?
the program guide or is it just me, has a bug.
when one arrows through it i agree it will not be the most responsive as the
ivona voice is of an exceptional quality so you have to  accept  trade-offs,
but i find repetitions keep occurring. that is to say, i may press right arrow
and hear eastenders 19:30-20:00 then when i right arrow id on't hear the next
program, but eastenders, again. is this  normal please?
learning the basics of it now but the scart set up for me at least, was fine.
when i connected my aerial cable, and scart lead and turn on the tv the box
came up talking and asked me to press blue (bottom right hand button) for
talking features.

Finally when i set the tv linking up and turn off the tv with the tv button it
does not turn on again via the same button but requires the physical tv remote
to be used.
any thoughts on comments?
overall though great job, set up a couple of recording for this afternoon, too