[access-uk] Re: incapacity benifit to be axed

  • From: "Barry Hill" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:38:45 +0100

Hi Will and all

This document is a little out of date, being May 2006.  The green paper was
changed a little such as, where it says that there are no plans for people
who have been claiming incapacity benefit to go on this scheme, from April
2010 all existing incapacity benefits claimants will be required to take the
work capability assessment.

One odd thing, from a personal point of view, is that the initial phase
isn't due to come in until Octover this year.  However, after a short work
experience, I have made a fresh claim for incapacity benefit and have been
put on the scheme, although my incapacity benefit, so far, hasn't been
affected.  I am curious as to how well it has provisioned for blind people.

Barry