[access-uk] Re: incapacity benifit to be axed

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 21:36:06 +0100

will wrote:

 "Read this article on the supposed employement seekers allowance we are
all getting from this year"

Lets not forget this only applies for new claimants.
Anyway, I don't understand the fuss.
Surely, if  there is a job we can do, we should do it!

The problem really is that  many employers don't want to take  on the
disabled, and DDA or no DDa  the employers cannot be forced to take on those
they don't want to take on.
If a blind  person  applied for job, and a sighted person was then offered
the the job, how would the  blind person show proof, of  discrimination?

Regards, Derek